Nothing can stop our commitment
Quickness, flexibility, always looking forward: this is the mentality that guided the management of our airports during this unprecedented year.
We immediately adapted to a new way of travel, while never ceasing to look beyond: we anticipated changes, constantly protecting the health and safety of all.
Evolving in changing times
After a year marked by uncertainty, we are working for a more sustainable tomorrow. Today we are focused on a maintenance strategy that can prepare us to recover and grow in the future.
The role of our airports
During the health emergency, we made our airports available to the community, helping make sure the economy never stopped and allowing travel for those who needed to move.
Milan Malpensa Cargo City
Malpensa Cargo City remained open throughout the lockdown. The freight sector limited losses thanks to carriers involved in the logistics of the e-commerce sector and to the new DHL base inaugurated at Malpensa Cargo City in 2020. The passenger aircraft conversion into freight transport had a significant impact, making use of cabin space in addition to the hold capacity of the aircraft.
- Milan Malpensa: 6th in Europe for freight traffic in 2020
- 511.3 thousand tons of cargo transported in 2020
- Reference hub for the delivery and distribution of anti-Covid equipment in Italy
Our business in numbers
We operate and develop two major airports and produce energy: We make people move.
The Commercial Aviation business includes the Aviation business — operating, developing and maintaining airport infrastructure and providing SEA Group customers with services related to aircraft landing and departure and airport security — and Non-Aviation business — commercial services for passengers, operators and visitors, and real estate sector.
The General Aviation business includes the full range of services related to business traffic at the West apron of Linate airport and at Malpensa.
The Energy business includes the generation and sale of electricity and thermal energy for the external market.
Looking to the future
The improvement of infrastructure at the Milan Linate and Milan Malpensa airports has never stopped, not even during the pandemic. We are committed to offering an increasingly seamless and safe travel experience, thanks to the new technologies we are investing in.
Milano Malpensa: terminal
- Adaptation and renovation of safety systems and infrastructure.
Milano Malpensa: networks and systems
- Energy saving measures for the better use of environmental resources.
Milano Linate: networks and systems
- System for the constant monitoring and control of atmospheric emissions.
Milano Linate: terminal
- Renovation and expansion of infrastructures, terminals and infrastructure areas as well as the improvement of customer service.
- New connections with the M4 underground line to Milan.
Milano Malpensa and Milano Linate: ICT Projects
- Technologies for managing the Covid-19 emergency.
- Technologies for managing cyber security aspects.
- Development of an airport Digital Marketplace.
- Testing of Biometric technology for seamless passenger services.